Much has been said about the health benefits of Spirulina, which is the oldest life form known to man, and is believed to be the source of all life, dated 3.9 million years back!
The Nutritional Values of Spirulina Powder
Our spirulina powder contains all the essential nutrients needed for the healthy function of the human body, including high protein content, a variety of amino acids including all essential amino acids, iron, beta-carotene, natural chlorophylls and a wide range of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, all contributing to the healthy functioning of the heart, the brain, the digestive system and the immune system.
Spirulina Powder Contains:
- 5 to 8x more iron than SPINACH
- 25x more beta-carotene than CARROTS
- 14x more calcium than COW’S MILK
- 2x more protein than SOYBEANS
- 6x more protein than EGGS
- 3x more protein than LENTILS
- 2.5x more vitamin B12 than cow’s liver
- 2 pounds of Spirulina delivers more nutrition than 1 ton of assorted vegetables.
How much Spirulina Powder Should You Take Daily?
The doses used in studies of spirulina vary considerably, ranging from 1 to 8 grams per day.
- For improving muscle performance, you want to take 2 to 7.5 grams per day.
- For improving blood glucose control, mild effects have been observed with 2 grams per day.
- For reducing cholesterol levels, doses should be in the range of 1 to 8 grams per day.
- For lowering blood pressure, doses of 3.5 to 4.5 grams per day have shown benefit.
- For fatty liver, benefits have been seen at doses of 4.5 grams per day.
How to Take Spirulina Powder
Raw Spirulina Powder can be added to dishes such as pasta, rice, salad, fish, smoothies and juices as well as chocolates, ice cream and deserts.
A daily intake of 6-10gr of Spirulina has proven effective in improving the well-being of people with a variety of medical conditions, including Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, HIV, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and heart conditions, to name a few.
Taken one hour before meals, Spirulina can naturally promote the feeling of fullness and prevent excess eating, thus assist in losing weight without the fatigue that often comes with dieting.
Note if your body isn’t used to consuming spirulina and other superfoods, it could get overwhelmed by the detoxifying effect, as the process of draining accumulated toxins from your tissues can be quite exhausting at first.
For this reason, we recommend you to START SLOWLY. Start with 1 g per day. Listen to your body and gradually increase the dose until you reach the daily amount that feels right to you, or that your doctor recommended for you.
How we Produce our Spirulina Powder
Our premium quality spirulina powder is cultivated in fresh water algae raceway ponds, in a clean and natural environment where the water is gently mixed under the warm sunlight, allowing the spirulina to reproduce rapidly. It is an excellent source of natural protein that is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Our Spirulina powder is dried naturally in a low-heat spray dryer that maintains all nutrients at maximum capacity. This method of drying Spirulina has been proven effective at destroying harmful components such as bacteria, while preserving maximum protein and nutrient levels. The result is a pure, clean Spirulina powder that is rich in beneficial nutrients to provide for all of your dietary needs in just 1 tablespoon per day.